Glenda Miles feels compelled to reclaim forsaken photographs and what she describes as the “everyday discarded”. She says she finds comfort in those neglected pictures and well-loved artifacts. She sees them as untold stores. She believes that taking the deep dive into the creative process during Ancestor Art invites surprising symbolism, transformative story telling and heartfelt expression.
Glenda owes her curiosity and passion for creativity to her Grandmother, who she says plopped her down at an old Singer Sewing machine at age five. She inspired an appreciation for Do-it-Yourself life and simple pleasures that would later become a touchstone for Glenda to become a fierce Mother and advocate for her son with Autism.
She focuses on collage, book making, assemblage, sewing and jewelry in her work. Glenda describes herself as self-taught and as a student of accomplished teachers in mixed media arts for the past twenty years.
- Website: http://www.glendasmiles.com/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/GlendaMilesCreativeCommunion/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/msglendamiles/
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/MsGlendaMiles
- YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/c/GlendaMiles
Workshops with this instructor: