Ann Wood lives in Brooklyn New York near beautiful Prospect Park. She works with mostly found and salvaged materials many of them vintage or antique garments.
Ann enjoys using unassuming materials, cardboard, paper and other discarded things. Practicality appeals to her and she loves the idea of giving the humblest and most common materials and tired, dispirited and faded things new importance and meaning.
She particularly enjoys working with garments, there is a kind of affection and tenderness in the re-use and re-purposing of things that were once personal and perhaps treasured possessions. Much of her inspiration comes from these materials as well as from many of the ideas she has been infatuated with her whole life : smallness, intricacies, miniaturization, collections, repetition; lost or abandoned things discovered and rescued; the idea of haunted and enchanted places, the setting of a tiny stage.
- Website: http://www.annwoodhandmade.com/gallery-2/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/annwoodhandmade/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/annwoodhandmade
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/annwood/
- Pinterest: https://www.pinterest.com/annwood