Kristin Williams is the owner of Ephemera Paducah. She adores mixed media and messing up her manicures with gesso, paint, glitter and other cool stuff.
- Words to Live By - Mini Art Journal
July 14, 2018
9:00 am - 3:00 pm
I made this little art journal a few years ago and every time I pick it up I still love it. I called it “Words to Live By,” and added my favorite quotes.
In this day-long workshop, we will create backgrounds, dig through the Ephemera Paducah stash for images and embellishments, do some free-form lettering, and add those pops of Wow! that bring it all together.
We’ll get all the backgrounds done but maybe not every page. But you’ll be able to finish up at home! I promise!
I thought this might be the perfect going-away gift for college freshmen or encouragement for kids starting middle school. Are your mom’s favorite sayings ringing in your head now?? You could use quotes, family sayings, Bible verses, or just cruise the Internet for funny pieces of advice.
Everything is supplied for this class, but if you have images or embellishments you’d like to use, please bring them!!
What you’ll need/use:
- Most important to bring are 10-12 of your favorite quotes, sayings, verses, etc.
- If you absolutely hate your handwriting and refuse to try the lettering, you can come with yours printed out and we can add them. If you do that, bring a couple of different sizes and layouts as you won’t know ahead of time the exact dimensions of your book.
- These books are small — from @ 3″ x 3″ to 5″ x 5″. If you bring images, keep that in mind.
- If you have pens you like to use for lettering, by all means, bring them!
- You are welcome to bring your own board book, but every page, front & back covers MUST BE PRE-GESSOED. This is a pain, I promise. Otherwise, the paints won’t stick and you’ll be sad.
- Wear clothes you don’t mind getting acrylic paint on.
- Bring a brown bag lunch or we’ll call in lunch from one of our local restaurants
The minimum age to participate is 14. Minimum needed to make this class is 3; maximum is 12.