Stefanie Graves is a neighbor to Ephemera Paducah who moved here with the Artist Relocation Program. Her love of watercolor shines through in her workshops and we are so happy to have her back teaching!
- Watercolor from the Beginning
October 27, 2018
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Day 2 - Watercolor from the Beginning
October 28, 2018
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
Minimum 3 to make the Workshop; Maximum 8
Minimum age to participate: 15
Watercolor From The Beginning is a two-day workshop for anyone who has wanted to learn how to master the challenging media of watercolor, or would love a refresher from a fabulous instructor.
If you’ve tried watercolors and have been frustrated with your results, this class is for you! Over the weekend you will learn a variety of techniques to turn those frustrations into fun, providing you with a guide to working your way successfully through a painting from beginning to end.
Techniques covered include wet-on-wet, dry brush, masking, negative painting, use of salt, to name a few!
You have two (2) options for registration for this class. The “Full Meal Deal” includes all of your supplies and your cost is 25% off of retail choosing this option.
“Bare Bones” means you’ll bring what you need or purchase those items you need through Ephemera Paducah. We will have extras of everything in stock. If there are specific items you know you’ll need, email Kristin before October 20th. You will receive the 10% Workshop Discount off of any supplies you purchase from us!
What to bring:
Full Meal Deal – just show up! If you don’t already have supplies and think this is something you’d like to pursue, you’ll leave with a great Watercolor Starter Kit!
Bare Bones – please bring the following:
- Golden QoR set of 12 Watercolors (tubes not pans) which includes: nickel azo yellow, hansa yellow light, quinacridone gold deep, quinacridone magenta, permanent alizarin crimson, pyrrole red light, pthalo blue (green shade), ultramarine blue, viridian green, burnt sienna (natural), Paynes gray and yellow ochre (natural)
- drawing pencil
- soft eraser
- foam core sheet- 16″ x 20″ or larger
- watercolor palette (preferably lidded) for application of paints and mixing
- watercolor brushes: 1” flat, #8 round, #4 or 5 round, #3 liner (NOTE: I’ve had a hard time finding a #3 Liner. If you are, too, Stefanie says don’t stress, we can do without it. If you have one, bring it but don’t knock yourself out looking for one)
- one (1) 300lb Cold Press good quality watercolor sheet 22″ x 30″
- one (1) roll of painter’s tape
Supplies like masking fluid, water containers, and other items used in class will be provided.
It’ll be a great weekend! We’ll take a break for lunch each day, ordering in from one of our local restaurants. Feel free to brown bag your lunch, as well. Chocolate, soft drinks, spa water, and coffee always on-hand!