Stocking-making for Child Watch & CASA- RESCHEDULED 11/20!
- Stocking Making for CASA
November 20, 2018
3:00 pm - 7:00 pm
DUE TO BAD WEATHER AND SCHOOL CLOSINGS, THIS EVENT HAS BEEN RESCHEDULED TO TUESDAY, NOVEMBER 20, 3- 7 PM.
Child Watch/CASA put out this call and Ephemera Paducah’s Valerie Pollard enthusiastically raised her hand!
This year, we are hoping to add a little more cheer for the kids we serve in our community. Our goal, with great support from local families, groups, and businesses like YOU reading this, is to provide every child in our care with a Christmas Stocking this year. This means that we will hope to have help making stockings for over 100 children! It will be a big undertaking, we realize, as then we will be stuffing and distributing them!
We are honored to help out this great organization with a Stocking-making party from 3 – 7 pm on TUESDAY, November 20, 2018, at our Studio.
There are SO many different ways to help!
Sign up for a shift, below, to come work on the stockings. Childwatch is providing the patterns, we need to provide the rest.
For each shift we need:
- Sewers with their sewing machines
- Fabric/Pattern Cutters with great scissors
- General Flunkies/Cheerleaders with great attitudes
Donate Fabric. You can drop it off at Ephemera Paducah before November 13th.
- Christmas Fabric
- Plain colors of fabric for stocking backs
- Muslin or white cotton for lining the stockings
- Holiday Trim, Bits and Baubles to decorate the stockings with
Donate Stocking Stuffers. We are collecting for the 0-3-Year-Old Age Group. You can drop off new items for Boys & Girls at Ephemera Paducah.
Specifically, ChildWatch would like:
- Rattles, Crib Toys, LeapFrog Toys, Soft Books, Soft Dolls, Fisher-Price Toys, Sorting Toys, Educational/Learning Toys, Bath Toys, Diapers, Baby Bottles, Gyms, Playmats & Jumpers
Child Watch’s Mission
The mission of Child Watch Counseling and Advocacy Center is to provide children and families in Western KY with education, advocacy, and treatment that prevents child abuse, encourages family stability, promotes healthy relationships, enhances individual well-being, and cultivates safe, nurturing families.
Child Watch’s VISION
- For children to be loved, nurtured and safe from abuse and neglect.
- To assess and address the needs of abused children and provide child-focused services.
- For our community to recognize the special needs of abused children and commit to responding effectively to those needs.
Child Watch’s SERVICE AREA
Purchase Area District Counties: Ballard, Calloway, Carlisle, Fulton, Graves, Hickman, Marshall and McCracken Counties.