I create from a very authentic place by staying true to my imagination. Creativity is endless for me. Like breathing I simply must do it. My art always has layers filled with hope, cheerfulness, and wonder.
- Sacred Stitched Journals - Day 1
September 11, 2020
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Sacred Stitched Journals - Day 2
September 12, 2020
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Sacred Stitched Journals. Taking simple papers, paints, fabrics we will layer a sacred journal bit by bit.
Soul filled bits of fabrics, old vintage papers, new techniques to create new paper and make it look time
Worn. Adding our stories with words. Binding these with a simple piece of driftwood. A new look into
What is special in your world and creating a sacred stitched journal to hold these truths. Dying of paper included.
Students should bring to class:
- Your basic tool kit
- Journal to swipe paint and take notes in
- favorite pens
- 3-4 paintbrushes in a variety of sizes – your favs
- glue stick and/or matte medium for gluing
- a couple of colors of your favorite acrylic paints/ink
- bone folder
- Bits of fabrics that are special to you. Perhaps a little square of fabric that was your grandmother’s. Any vintage photos you want that remind you of a happy time in your life. Sketchbook or drawings
- Most of all…Bring the desire to create freely using my perfectly imperfect techniques.
Kelli will provide a beautifully curated Class Kit. Included in your kit will be fabric bits, papers, embroidery threads, hand-painted papers, vintage trims, beads, threads. I love creating my kits and always make sure you are loaded up with goodness.
As always, lunches, as well as snacks & drinks, are provided. Chocolate is an Art Supply at Ephemera Paducah!
The minimum age to participate is 21.
The minimum needed to make this class is 12; the maximum is 22.
We are offering three (3) Early Bird Seats but you must grab them before November 1st.
You may register for this workshop by making a deposit of $99 which allows you to pay over time. Please note that your $99 deposit is nonrefundable but is applied to your balance. Your balance ($320) is due no later than August 1, 2020, and can be made via PayPal or Credit card on this page or by mailing a check to Ephemera Paducah. Not paying the balance on or before the due dates results in the loss of your deposit and class seat.
Before registering, please familiarize yourself with our Cancellation Policies.