Create Your Own Oracle Deck with Cathy Nichols
Cathy is a full-time artist, oracle card designer and the author of Storytelling Art Studio: Visual Expressions of Character, Mood and Theme in Mixed Media as well as the 'star' of the Storytelling Art Collection of DVDs through Artist Network TV. Cathy also designs whimsical and story-oriented stencils for StencilGirl!
- Day 1 - Create Your Own Oracle Deck
July 11, 2019
4:00 pm - 7:00 pm
- Day 2 - Create Your Own Oracle Deck
July 12, 2019
9:00 am - 6:00 pm
- Day 3 - Create Your Own Oracle Deck
July 13, 2019
9:00 am - 6:00 pm
Class size: Minimum 6; Maximum 24. No experience necessary. Minimum age to participate: 16
Price: $428 Most supplies, daily lunches, drinks & snacks are included.
Get ready for a weekend of pure, joyous mixed-media exploration as Cathy leads you through the process of manifesting your own unique 25-card oracle deck.
In our time together, you will reconnect with your expressive, intuitive self and the magic you carry within. We will use paint, color, chance, synchronicity, storytelling, and the wisdom of ancient divination to guide our journey.
Our gathering of creative energy will be a safe space for artists of all abilities. You will create an original deck based on your own level of experience and infused with your artistic voice. We will begin the evening Thursday, July 11th from 4-7 PM with our Divine Spark Soiree – a special ice-breaker welcome reception with oracle readings, oracle deck eye candy and the chance to create and share your first card.
For those interested, we will embark on a group dinner afterward and continue to get to know one another!
We will spend the following 2 full days (Friday & Saturday) in the studio from 9 am -6 pm each day creating our decks.
Cathy will share many tips to create your cards including:
- Loosening up with chance
- Conquering the blank canvas
- Finding a focal image
- Evoking Emotion with Color
- Working with collage, image transfer & other mixed media techniques to create your cards
- Using symbols and storytelling
- Inviting synchronicity into your work
Students should bring:
- Your favorite paint brushes and acrylic paints
- at least 1 paint pen (black, white or gray Montana Marker or Sharpie)
- at least 1 water-soluble pencil and/or crayon (carand’ache is a wonderful brand).
- At least 1 bottle of spray acrylic ink (Dylusions, Marabu)
- at least 1 Artists Acrylic Ink
- Glue stick
- Any small pencil drawings or your working sketchbook if you have one (optional)
- *If you would like to have any supplies waiting for you, please zip Kristin an email.
Included in your registration fee will be:
- 25 custom made 3×5 inch wood panels to use as support for your decks
- A goodie bag of special collage papers
- Special Oracle Totem Deck Journal
- Sheets of oracle words in colorful colors
- Use of shared supplies from Cathy and Ephemera Paducah
You may also register for the entire weekend by using our “$99 Holds Your Spot” deal which allows you to pay over time.
Please note that your $99 deposit is nonrefundable but is applied to your balance. The $329 balance is due no later than June 1, 2019, and can be made by mailing a check to Ephemera Paducah, 333 N. 9th Street, Paducah, KY 42001 or on this page via PayPal or Credit Card.
Not paying your balance before June 1, 2019, will result in the loss of your deposit and place in class.
Before registering for this workshop, please familiarize yourself with our Cancellation Policies Updated September 1, 2018.