k2tog Knitting Retreat
- k2tog Knitting Retreat with Gwen Bortner
March 29, 2019
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Day 2 k2tog Retreat
March 30, 2019
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
- Day 3 ktogRetreat
March 31, 2019
9:00 am - 12:00 pm
Class size: Minimum 10; Maximum 24. Knitting experience necessary. Minimum age to participate: 14
March 29-31, 2019 |
Price: $429 (10 Early Bird seats available at $376) Goodies, lunches Saturday & Sunday, & daily drinks & snacks are included.
If you knit enough projects you have leftover yarn — a lot of it! Or maybe you just buy a single skein as a souvenir from your travels. But the question remains, what to do with all those odds, ends and lonely skeins. Spend the weekend with Gwen learning a variety of surprisingly simple methods for taking the bits and pieces and transforming them into works of art.
Class begins by learning how to manage, organize and combine the yarns in ways that increase the probability of a beautiful fabric. Whether you require structure or freedom there are a variety of options and the choice is yours.
Next, learn how stitch pattern selection greatly enhances the finished result. The good news is basic skills can produce beautiful results. Experiment creating a number of fabric swatches that can be the basis of a future project.
Finally, discuss techniques for utilizing the fabrics to create an amazing project that is truly a work of art. Leave class inspired to use up those leftovers on projects that you will make you proud.
Although Ephemera Paducah isn’t a yarn shop, we’re delighted that we have a great one in town. Itty Bitty Knitty Shop will be doing some special things for those participating in our workshop!
Students should bring:
- A wide variety of leftover yarns (partial balls preferred – no amount is too small), balled up and ready to be used — a minimum of 25 yarns (more is better).
- Please bring yarn you are willing to share with your fellow classmates as it will enhance the learning experience.
- Variety of knitting needles appropriately sized for DK to worsted weight yarn.
- Favorite knitting notions but specifically scissors.
- OPTIONAL: Bring a 50g or larger skein of a smooth black yarn in a DK to worsted weight
k2tog Retreat Schedule September 28-31, 2019
- Thursday afternoon 3-5 pm Pop into Ephemera Paducah to check-in, stake out your seat, & pick up your Goody Bag/Registration Materials. If you don’t get by Thursday afternoon, no worries!
- Thursday evening at 6 pm For those interested, we’ll reserve a table(s) at one of our local restaurants for a group dinner. Details based on interest and TBD
- Friday 9 am – 4 pm Workshop at Ephemera Paducah
- Friday 5-7 pm Knits & Knibbles at Itty Bitty Knitty Shop! Exclusive shopping parting for you including Wine & Cheese, Door Prizes, Special Pricing, Awesome Yarn Selection, and FUN!
- Saturday 9 am – 4 pm Workshop at Ephemera Paducah
- Saturday evening 6-9 For those interested, come back over to Ephemera Paducah and hang out & knit. Eat dinner before, brown bag it, or go in with the gang for pizza. Bring your favorite knitted-by-you garment for a fashion show!
- Sunday 9 am-Noon Last day of the workshop ending time to get you on the road at a decent hour!
We have multiple options for registration!
Ten (10) spots are set-aside for Early Bird Registration. Regardless if all the spots sell, Early Bird Sales will end December 31, 2018. Payment in full is required for Early Bird Registration.
You may also register for the entire weekend by using our “$99 Holds Your Spot” deal which allows you to pay over time.
Please note that your $99 deposit is nonrefundable but is applied to your balance. The $330 balance is due no later than February 15, 2019, and can be made by mailing a check to Ephemera Paducah, 333 N. 9th Street, Paducah, KY 42001 or on this page via PayPal or Credit Card.
Not paying your balance before February 15, 2019, will result in the loss of your deposit and place in class.
Before registering for this workshop, please familiarize yourself with our Cancellation Policies Updated September 1, 2018.