- Stocking-Making for CASA
July 16, 2019
3:00 pm - 7:00 pm
HO! HO! HO!
We had so much fun helping out Childwatch/CASA last year making stockings for the kiddoes in their programs. Each child (more than 100) received a hand-made stocking with his/her name embroidered on it stuffed with age-appropriate gifts!
We found we were all in a bit of a bind as the great idea to make everyone a stocking came up in November 2018!
This year we are starting early and have an idea in case a child received a stocking last year. Hand-sewn pillowcases will be used this year for kids who already have a CASA-gifted stocking.
Instead of a last-minute crunch, we will be hosting three (3) sewing events in 2019 so the Childwatch/CASA folks are ready to go when it’s time to personalize and stuff stockings and pillowcases.
- Stockings – Tuesday afternoon/evening, July 16 – two shifts, 3-5 pm, and 5-7 pm
- Pillowcases – Tuesday afternoon/evening, August 27 – two shifts, 3 – 5 pm, and 5 – 7 pm
- Whatever is needed – Tuesday, November 5 – two shifts, 3-5 pm, and 5-7 pm
There are SO many different ways to help!
Sign up for a shift, below, to come work! There is no charge to volunteer, but we need to manage space in the Studio to get everything done! The patterns will be provided.
For each shift we need:
- Sewers with their sewing machines
- Fabric/Pattern Cutters with great scissors
- General Flunkies/Cheerleaders with great attitudes
Donate Fabric. You can drop it off at Ephemera the week before each sewing event or bring it with you if you’re helping out. Any kind of fun Christmas fabric for kids works. We also need lining fabric so dig into that stash of Muslin — works great.
Donate Stocking Stuffers. Specifically, in July, we are collecting:
- Superhero/princess body wash for elementary age
- Dove/Aveeno/Oil of Olay fancy body wash for girls in middle and high school
- Axe body wash products for boys in middle and high school
- Mud masks/hand scrub kits/etc for tween and teen girls
- Non-perishable make-up for girls middle and high
- Character specific games and puzzles – superheroes, Harry Potter, etc.
- Small art/craft projects
- Action figures
- Dolls – Barbies/Princesses and accessories/clothes
- Balls – mini footballs, basketballs, soccer balls, etc/pumps
Child Watch’s Mission
The mission of Child Watch Counseling and Advocacy Center is to provide children and families in Western KY with education, advocacy, and treatment that prevents child abuse, encourages family stability, promotes healthy relationships, enhances individual well-being, and cultivates safe, nurturing families.
Child Watch’s VISION
- For children to be loved, nurtured and safe from abuse and neglect.
- To assess and address the needs of abused children and provide child-focused services.
- For our community to recognize the special needs of abused children and commit to responding effectively to those needs.
Child Watch’s SERVICE AREA
Purchase Area District Counties: Ballard, Calloway, Carlisle, Fulton, Graves, Hickman, Marshall and McCracken Counties.