Intermediate Stained Glass
March 22, 2016 - May 2, 2016
2:00 pm - 5:00 pm
If you’ve taken Gaye’s Introduction to Stained Glass the next step in your journey is Copper Foil Stained Glass. In this Intermediate Class you will take on a more intricate pattern and continue to gain experience in cutting, grinding, foiling and soldering glass. We are offering an array of pricing opportunities as you may or may not want to invest in the tools necessary to continue making stained glass after class. For those with stained glass experience but not with our instructor, please contact Gaye (email link) to see if this class is for you! Pattern books will be available prior to the start of class to inspire you on your suncatcher or 8′ x 10″ panel. Gaye will be more than glad to help you determine a successful project.
TUESDAYS 6 – 9 p.m.
March 22 – May 3, 2016
(no class during Quilt Week)
Because of the lead time involved to order kits, REGISTRATIONS WILL CLOSE MONDAY, MARCH 14th.
We’re trying something a little different with the following cafeteria pricing for this class. Please call Kristin or Gaye with any questions! 270-443-0003 is the shop number.
Class price: We’ve revamped the pricing on this class. When you register, choose the option that works best for you. If you already have tools or don’t mind sharing the Studio Tools, there is a lower price for the class. Some who have already taken this class may use it as Studio Time with Gaye (Bare Bones pricing).
- $235 – All-inclusive. You will receive your own soldering iron, copper foiling machine, roll of foil, spool of solder, foil cutters, foil roller, and use of the studio supplies like patina, solder wick, etc.
- $160 – Most everything– includes a spool of solder, roll of copper foil, foil cutters, foil roller, and use of studio tools & supplies like patina, solder wick, etc. You will share the studio soldering irons and Gaye’s foil rollers if you do not have your own. Everyone participating will receive a roll of copper foil and spool of solder. You may want to cut down on class wait time by obtaining one or the other, foiling machine or soldering iron. If so,
- Add $30 to include a foiling machine
- Add $45 to include a soldering iron
- $149 – Bare Bones – You’ve taken the Intermediate Class and you have all your own tools from the last go round. We’ll still provide you a spool of solder and roll of copper foil and you’ll have use of the studio supplies like patina, copper wick, etc.
You may special order glass by emailing Kristin detailed information from delphiglass.com no later than March 1st. You are also welcome to bring glass from your own stash to use. Feel free to run pattern ideas by Gaye before ordering. Gaye recommends Kokomo or Spectrum Glass.
For those using the Studio Stash of glass, we’ll collect a $20 glass fee the first night of class. Quantities or colors cannot be guaranteed.