InstructorAaron Sanders Head
Aaron Sanders Head is a Nashville based textile artist offering workshops, original artwork and naturally dyed, hand-stitched goods.
March 1, 2019
1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
Class size: Minimum 5; Maximum 12. No experience necessary. Minimum age to participate: 16
Friday, March 1, 2019 | 1 – 5 pm
Price: $85 plus a $20 Kit Fee paid the day of class
Since the Saturday class sold out so quickly, we’re adding another class!
Participants will learn the basic stitches and patterns of Sashiko stitching, along with a brief history behind Sashiko stitching and its origins as a decorative utilitarian stitch.
After learning the basic rules of Sashiko, participants will then be encouraged to bend those rules and develop their own stitching voice!
Students are provided with naturally dyed fabric for stitching on, along with Sashiko thread and other naturally dyed thread for stitching. They will leave with at least 4 stitched swatches.
This workshop is open to all experience levels and is geared towards beginners.
Students should bring:
- The only requirement is thread snips/small scissors
- Participants are encouraged to bring a textile, home good or article of clothing that could use some hand-stitched embellishment. Denim clothing, linen accessories and any medium-weight homegoods are perfect for this.
- If students have the need, a magnifier or lamp should be brought.
Your Class Kit
- The class kit is $20 and includes all the necessary materials including:
- Naturally dyed fabric for stitching
- Sashiko thread
- Sashiko needles
- Naturally dyed thread
- A marking pen
- Hand-bound zine with Sashiko information.
Before registering for this workshop, please familiarize yourself with our Cancellation Policies Updated September 1, 2018.