Eco Printing Day 1
November 2, 2019
9:30 am - 5:00 pm
Eco Printing Day 2
November 3, 2019
9:30 am - 5:00 pm
Price: $299 plus a $25 Kit Fee due the day of class – includes lunch, drinks & snacks daily as well as most supplies;
Class size: Minimum 5; Maximum 18.
No experience necessary. Minimum age to participate: 16 (14 with an adult who is also registered for class)
This 2-day workshop will feature the art of printing paper with leaves. You will work with various papers, leaf types and mordants to create prints including flat prints on smaller sheets of paper and long “strips” of printed papers. You will learn how to best prepare the papers for printing and adding various items to a dye bath to create a variety of effects. Papers are then cooked in a communal roaster to create the magical print.
On the second day of class, we will keep the roasters going making more prints while we work on a decorative lantern and/or a standing book using your prints.
You will need to bring just a few items:
- Gloves – we will have some in the Studio, probably adult sized Medium. If you need a different size or have sensitivities, please bring what works best for you.
- Japanese Screw Punch or 1/8” hole punch
- Although there will be quite a bit of paper in your kit, if you “go to town,” you may need more than provided. We will have some for sale in the shop or you are welcome to bring additional watercolor paper just in case.
Your $25 Kit Fee includes:
- 1 sheet Arches Text Wove cut into 6” x 9” pcs
- 4 sheets Canson or Strathmore W/C paper cut into strips 6” x 24”
- 3 sets of Masonite Boards to use/ string to tie bundles/ rubber bands for boards
- All chemicals
- Pans to use for iron and alum
- Leaves, Flowers, Vegetables for printing (however, we will be asking the class to check their yards for additional specific plant material. If it’s convenient to bring for a share pile, please do. Contact Kristin for the list)
- Handouts with color photos
- Dowel Sticks and Beads
Your registration fee covers 2 days of lunches, snacks, drinks, chocolate, and instruction. Register early as seats go quickly!
You may register for Jacqueline’s workshop by using our “$99 holds your spot” deal which allows you to pay over time. Please note that your $99 deposit is nonrefundable but is applied to your balance. Your balance ($200) is due no later than September 15, 2019, and can be made via PayPal or Credit card on this page. Not paying the balance on or before the due dates results in the loss of your deposit and class seat. Before registering for classes, please familiarize yourself with our Cancellation Policies Updated September 2018.