Encaustic artist Julie Snidle continually seeks ways to elevate her work as an artist and art workshop instructor. Julie engages students new to the art of encaustic painting, as well as those working to heighten their skills, in this ancient art form.
- Day 1 - Encaustic & Mixed Media
April 6, 2019
9:30 am - 4:00 pm
- Day 2 - Encaustic & Mixed Media
April 7, 2019
9:30 am - 4:00 pm
Class size: Minimum 5; Maximum 12. No experience necessary. Minimum age to participate: 18
April 6 & 7, 2019 | 9:30 am – 4 pm
Price: $349 Almost all supplies, daily lunches, drinks & snacks are included.
This 2-day workshop is designed to introduce you to encaustic and its many applications with mixed media. You will learn about proper substrates, temperatures, ventilation, and why fusing is an important component of this method of painting.
You will find encaustic to be extremely forgiving and versatile, inviting you to experiment with collage, image transfer, pan pastel, stencils, foil, India ink, carving, scraping and much more.
Come and find out what it is about this ancient art form that is so alluring!”
Students should bring:
- Roll of wax paper for transporting finished work home
- Thin collage papers, if desired
- 6 – 8 raw, plain, unprimed wood panels 8×10” or smaller, flat or cradled panels are both acceptable. Ampersand makes ‘Encaustibord’ which is made for encaustic painting, but plywood works just fine.*If you would like to have any supplies waiting for you, please zip Kristin an email.
Included in your registration fee will be the use of:
- R&F Encaustic Paints
- R&F Encaustic medium and soy wax
- Surface thermometers
- Paint tins and clips
- Saral paper
- Pan Pastels
- Neocolor II watercolor crayons
- Collage Papers
- Charcoal pencils
- Graphite pencils
- India ink
- Burnishing tools
- Carving tools
- Butane torches
- Toner copies for image transfer (not inkjet)
- Cardboard shims
- Painters tape
- Wax paper
- Heavy duty aluminum foil
You may also register for the entire weekend by using our “$99 Holds Your Spot” deal which allows you to pay over time.
Please note that your $99 deposit is nonrefundable but is applied to your balance. The $250 balance is due no later than February 15, 2019, and can be made by mailing a check to Ephemera Paducah, 333 N. 9th Street, Paducah, KY 42001 or on this page via PayPal or Credit Card.
Not paying your balance before February 15, 2019, will result in the loss of your deposit and place in class.
Before registering for this workshop, please familiarize yourself with our Cancellation Policies Updated September 1, 2018.