Explosion of Color and Form with Dina Wakley!
Dina Wakley’s upbeat approach to mixed media gives students the courage to express themselves through art journaling and the creation of mixed media boards. Dina’s guidance and techniques will both inspire and develop participants’ mixed media toolbag, allowing them to go deeper in their work.
- Dina Wakley Day 1
October 11, 2019
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
- Dina Wakley Day 2
October 12, 2019
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Price: $386 – includes lunch, drinks & snacks daily as well as many supplies;
Class size: Minimum 15; Maximum 22. No experience necessary. Minimum age to participate: 16
Join Dina Wakley for a two-day explosion of color and form!
If you haven’t checked into the Paint Pouring craze, you’ll spend the first day understanding this addictive and mesmerizing technique while you create organic patterns on your substrates. Using Dina Wakley’s pouring medium and cell creator for some, and rubbing alcohol for others, you’ll glean great experience playing mad scientist with acrylic paint and gravity.
On day 2, you will turn your organic messes into figurative forms, focusing on lights and darks, multiple layers, gesture, and narrative. There’s no telling what forms you’ll find in your beautiful pours, and Dina’s just the one to help you coax them out.
You will need to bring some basic tools and supplies for the paint pouring.
Specifically, please bring:
- Basic tools that include:
- Ranger Craft Sheet
- Palette (paper plate or palette paper or you can use a corner of your craft sheet)
- You may want a small notebook and pen for taking notes, as well.
- Spray bottle with water
- A few of your favorite pens, pencils & marking tools (such as Stabilo All, Conte pencils, oil pastels, Scribble Sticks, Neocolors, charcoal, water-soluble graphite, paint pens, etc.)
- Something to scrape with, such as an old gift/credit cardPaint brushes
- White gesso
- If you’d like any of the above items waiting for you, email Kristin and we’ll start you a bag of supplies.
- Substrates & a few supplies for paint pouring (If you’d like following waiting for you, the price is $55 which is 25% off of retail. Email Kristin for details.)
- Three 12″ square substrates, like wood panels (Dina’s preference), canvases, etc.
- Six large sheets of watercolor paper (around 12″x16″ or bigger, if desired)
- Aluminum foil roasting pan (to pour in)
- Small bottle of rubbing alcohol (from the first aid section of the pharmacy)
The instructor/venue will provide:
- Acrylic paint
- Collage tissues
- Masking tape
- Washi tape
- Pouring medium/cell creator/mixing cups
- Baby wipes/paper towels
Your registration fee covers 2 days of lunches, snacks, drinks, chocolate, and instruction by the irrepressible, Dina Wakley! Register early as seats go quickly!
Please note we started out with a different registration page and a glitch resulted in me having to create a new one. Regardless, we had 10 who registered the week of November 26, 2018. That’s why the count looks wonky. Kristin
You may register for Dina’s workshop by using our “$99 holds your spot” deal which allows you to pay over time. Please note that your $99 deposit is nonrefundable but is applied to your balance. Your balance ($287) is due no later than September 1, 2019, and can be made via PayPal or Credit card on this page. Not paying the balance on or before the due dates results in the loss of your deposit and class seat. Before registering for classes, please familiarize yourself with our Cancellation Policies Updated September 2018.