Kristin Williams is the owner of Ephemera Paducah. She adores mixed media and messing up her manicures with gesso, paint, glitter and other cool stuff.
- Friday Mixed Media Weekend
November 6, 2020
10:00 am - 4:30 pm
- Saturday Mixed Media Weekend
November 7, 2020
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Class size: Minimum 6; Maximum 15. No experience necessary.
Minimum age to participate: 21
Most everything supplied including lunch, drinks, and snacks both days!
Mixed Media Favorites WEEKEND
We have so many favorites to explore! This one will be very different from other Mixed Media Favorites we’ve hosted.
Rusty bits and Cyanotype Prints: Friday morning 10:00 AM – 1 pm
We’re going to wrap up muslin fabric in rusty bits and let it cook overnight creating fabulous patterns and color. We will play with Cyanotype paper and let the sunshine do it’s thing. We may get into a little boro stitching depending on time. And we are going to prep our canvas bags for an afternoon of fun!
Paint, Collage, Stitch Zippered Canvas Bags: Friday, 1:45 PM – 4:30 pm
I love little zippered bags and they are so handy for sorting out art supplies and making project bags. Everyone will get two (2) blank 10″ x 6″ canvas zippered bags to adorn with tissue paper, paints, stencils, washi tape, pens and maybe even some stitching! These work up quickly and are so much stinking fun.
Friday night Optional Group Dinner @ 6:00
What does this do? Saturday 10 am – 1 pm
Folks come in the shop and pick up items asking, “what does this do?” You will (quickly) experiment with 8-10 fun and hopefully, new-to-you products in a round-robin called, What does this do? There might be prizes and samples. Bring your art journal and take notes!
Gel Printing & the Adorned Journal: Saturday, 1:45 – 5 pm
Gel Printing is soooo addictive! And so much fun! We will spend the first 1.5 hours making beautiful printed papers with Deli Paper, regular paper, and acrylic paints among other fun things. Then we’ll clean up while our papers finish drying and prepare to adorn regular composition books into colorful journals! Using your rusty fabric, Cyanotype prints, “what does this do” experimentations, and Gel prints, you’ll have awesome options to use to adhere your papers to the journal. We’ll dig through the Studio stash of beads and ribbon ending up with a Mixed Media Masterpiece for your deepest thoughts.
Students should bring:
- Your Art Journal (or start one as you’ll need a place to take notes and swipe excess paint)
- A Box of Unscented Baby Wipes
- Your Gelli Plate or Gel Press printing plate, if you have one, (to cut down on wait time.)
- You can take the chances on the notebook you’ll choose from our Studio Stash or bring one to ensure the size you like. It should have a cardboard cover, not plastic. Bound composition books work great.
- Small items for collage including photographs, 3-D items, ephemera and copies of precious keepsakes like letters from your grandma.
- Interesting 3-D objects for use in the Cyanotype printing
- If you have a box of rusty bits, bring them. Otherwise, we’ll have plenty to share.
- Favorite pens for scribbling, doodling, and embellishing
- If there’s a color paint or art supply you can’t live without, bring it, but we’ll have most everything you need.
If there’s an arty group of you who would like to stay in The Loft (it sleeps a maximum of 8 friends in 6 beds) for this workshop, one of you needs to grab the Loft + Class option, below. Everyone staying in The Loft needs to be registered for the weekend, as well! Check out The Loft for photos and details.
Before registering for this workshop, please familiarize yourself with our Cancellation Policies Updated September 1, 2018.